Day 1: Saltwater Evaporation


Hello, my name is Hans and this week I am investigating a technique of seperation. They call it cystillisation. Anyways back to the main idea, I have just started my experiment, which I believe will show me the effects of crystillisation. I set my experiment with putting some warm water into a container. Next I put in a reasonable amount of salt in and waited for results. Of course I took some pictures to show you the process.


-Pictures taken at 3:45pm 11/05/2012-
Day 1: At 3:45pm 11/05/2012 I began putting warm water in my container then I put the salt in, but after a while I stirred the slat around to see results. Afterwards, the water got a bit cloudy which meant that the salt had settled in the water. To make sure that the salt was dissovled, I put my finger in the saltwater and tasted it. It was salty, so my prediction was correct.                                                                Later at 5:20pm I went to check the saltwaters process and I put my finger in again to taste. The taste was even saltier before, which would explain the reason why I saw less salt in the container.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3...